Reporting to the Managing Director, the Director will be responsible for providing strategic leadership across a large, marquee client in the telecom space and ensuring client satisfaction through effective client and team management and partnership with creative and other agencies. This role will aim to grow existing client relationships by promoting deeper client engagement, thought leadership, project and process management.
As an innovative leader of a performance media team responsible for the execution of SEM and Social Media, you will be expected to forge a deep partnership with the Display team (both direct buys and programmatic) and Offline media team to leverage 1st and 3rd party data via data management platforms and other unique tools and data sources to develop and share insights, optimize media across each “real-time” channel and leverage attribution as well as advanced research and analysis initiatives to ultimately drive valuable awareness, new customer acquisition, and retention/growth (upsell) of existing customers for the client.
Provide Strategic Leadership
- Uncover/understand objectives, challenges and needs by performing regular client needs assessments, check-ins and interfacing regularly with senior level
- Demonstrate thought leadership with clients by developing and presenting industry/market research findings, search and social trends, benchmarkingand other pertinent information
- Develop quarterly plan to translate strategy into action
- Lead quarterly planning process: Translation of client objectives into an overarching strategy. Coordinate with team members and extended team of partner agency stakeholders to develop strategic recommendations, budgets, tactics that align to business goals and objectives.
- Actively participate in long range strategic planning for client, this includes partnership planning with publishers (ex: Google, Yahoo!, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Lead an extensive performance media team – manage staffing, oversee training initiatives, evaluation, and integration with display and offline media teams as well as partner creative and other agencies
- Manage the account to assigned client revenue and margin objectives
- Allocate resources to allow for both meeting the client's current needs but also investing and focusing efforts for future growth
- Identify, develop, present and transition new client opportunities that solve client problems and advance their business
- Lead development of client scopes of work and master services agreements
- Ensure all quarterly scope documents, contracts and other business terms are documented, signed, posted to CRMand are distributed to appropriate personnel
- Coordinate with finance team and department leads to map staff to fees/revenue and monitor financial health of the account quarterly
Ensure Client Satisfaction
- Establish/grow senior relationships with clients and relevant partner agencies
- Resolve escalated client issues across team and with sister agencies
- Lead the development of internal process and quality control initiatives that ensure error-free execution of all tasks
- Meet with teams on a regular basis to ensure programs are on track towards achieving client goals and objectives
- Oversee and direct team’s development of insights re: campaign performance in prep for weekly calls and to respond to ad-hoc questions regarding performance.
- Mentor Associate Director and Supervisor roles on team/performing account leadership and strategy tasks
- Lead senior level client meetings and attend regular client status meetings
- Establish and maintain a management framework that allows for visibility into team performance against client goals and objectives:
- Lead weekly account team meetings
- Obtain weekly performance reporting and insights from team members
- Collaborate with team members on insights development
- Direct custom view development in reporting systems leveraged for rapid/ongoing insights
- Direct implementation of tools, processes and systems as needed to advance management framework (ex: project solutions, cross-agency insights sharing, engagement process, etc.)
OMD is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.